Recent Pack News
The latest from our Cubmaster...
Every 1-2 weeks our cubmaster will post some random thoughts relating to the happenings of our pack. To subscribe to these articles use the links in the lower right corner. To get you started, here are a few of the latest articles...
- Whoops, there are no Cubmaster's Corner articles posted. We'll try to remedy that soon!
Pack 644 Overview
- Chartered Organization:
- Marysville Church of Christ
- Local Council:
- Darby Creek Council
- Operational Timeframe:
- August – May (School Year), with some summer activities.
- Den/Pack Meetings:
- Tuesday Evenings, 7-8 PM, Marysville Church of Christ on days in which school is in session.
- Committee Meetings:
- Typically Tuesday Evenings, 6-7 PM, Marysville Church of Christ prior to the monthly pack meeting. Check “Upcoming Events” at right for actual meeting times.
- Late August/Early September – Information will come home with your Mill Valley Elementary student. Actual meeting date and time will be posted to this site.
- It’s as simple as filling out an application and submitting your dues. You can obtain an application by attending the initial recruitment meeting mentioned above, coming to a den meeting, or you can request one from a pack leader. If you are transferring from another pack, use our contact form to ask any related questions.
- Currently $45 (+ book). This is re-evaluated yearly and is subject to change. DO NOT let this cost deter you from enrolling your child in scouting. Financial hardships will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis, and outside assistance is available for those that qualify.
- Transferring from another pack?
- Discuss your situation with a pack leader at an upcoming meeting, or use our contact form to ask any related questions. Once we obtain the required information, we will process your son’s transfer into Pack 644.
- Progression Through Dens
Cub scouts will advance through the following dens (in order):
- Tiger Cub (Grade 1)
- Wolf Cub (Grade 2)
- Bear Cub (Grade 3)
- Webelos I (Grade 4)
- Webelos II (Grade 5)
Boys may start at any den level listed above based on their age and grade, but previous ranks cannot be earned. All scouts are required to earn their Bobcat badge independent of the den in which they begin. View the Dens Page for more information.
Once finished with cub scouts after grade 5, scouts may continue into Boy Scouts within a Troop of their choosing.